Research indicates family businesses consistently out-perform non-family businesses in terms of return on investment and market value.
So what are the advantages available to a family business that can make them more successful?
The Family Business Essentials workshop will provide you and members of your family with the opportunity to spend time focusing on the health of your family business, where you want to be and how you can harness your distinct competitive advantage to reach your goals.
- Identify family and business as interconnected systems which need differing approaches to maintain performance
- Understand the structures and processes that will professionalise your family business
- What makes a family business different
- The competitive advantages of family businesses
- The 3 intersecting elements of family business – family, business, ownership
- The conflicting systems of “family” and “business”
- Family business values
- 9 Key success factors for a family business
- Understand the key elements of a successful family business
- Identify how those key elements apply to your family business
- Identify areas of your family business that require focus and set priorities
- Develop an action plan to take back to your business to refine and implement
Who should attend
- All members involved in strategically guiding the family business
- Family businesses that do not have the wisdom of previous generations to draw upon
Debra Chantry-Taylor | Business Action
As an FBA Accredited Advisor, Debra brings her business acumen, experiences and facilitator expertise to family businesses & multiple shareholder business owners to work out what the future looks like, how they will get there & how they can work together to achieve it. Debra brings an infectious energy, a curious nature & a lot of fun into the session room, whilst expertly facilitating difficult conversations in a kind but firm manner, to ensure that everyone is heard & the right decision is made for the business & the family.
Those eligible to register for this event
- FBA Family Business Member. This workshop is free for FBA members.
- Family Business Non-Member. For non-members, the $195 workshop fee is redeemable if you join FBA within 7 days of attending the workshop.
Note: This is a family business only event. Advisors should not register to attend.
Click here to view the terms and conditions.