Research indicates family businesses consistently out-perform non-family businesses in terms of return on investment and market value.
So what are the advantages available to a family business that can make them more successful?
The Family Business Essentials workshop will provide you and members of your family with the opportunity to spend time focusing on the health of your family business, where you want to be and how you can harness your distinct competitive advantage to reach your goals.
- Identify family and business as interconnected systems which need differing approaches to maintain performance
- Understand the structures and processes that will professionalise your family business
- What makes a family business different
- The competitive advantages of family businesses
- The 3 intersecting elements of family business – family, business, ownership
- The conflicting systems of “family” and “business”
- Family business values
- 9 Key success factors for a family business
- Understand the key elements of a successful family business
- Identify how those key elements apply to your family business
- Identify areas of your family business that require focus and set priorities
- Develop an action plan to take back to your business to refine and implement
Who should attend
- All members involved in strategically guiding the family business
- Family businesses that do not have the wisdom of previous generations to draw upon
Lowen Partridge | Peartree Brand Strategy
Lowen Partridge is a Certified Practising Marketer who specialises in brand strategy.She established her consultancy, Peartree Brand Strategy, 20 years ago and many of her clients are family businesses who experience the particular joys, benefits and heartache of family members working together. As an Accredited Family Business Advisor Lowen is able to work with her clients to address the key family business issues through important understandings and communication strategies, particularly establishing a Family Council and the development of Family Charters. This approach complements other brand building activities supporting the successful development of the family business brand. Lowen has had a long involvement with FBA. She has been a member of the South Australian Chapter Committee for over 10 years and often facilitates our events as well as delivering the Family Business Essentials Course.
Those eligible to register for this event
- FBA Family Business Member. This workshop is free for FBA members.
- Family Business Non-Member. For non-members, the $195 workshop fee is redeemable if you join FBA within 7 days of attending the workshop.
Note: This is a family business only event. Advisors should not register to attend.
Click here to view the terms and conditions.