1.Our commitment to your privacy
FBA takes your privacy seriously, and strictly adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Principles") and other laws relating to privacy, and the collection, use and disclosure of Information. We will only collect Information that is necessary for us to provide you with the Services.
2.The information we collect
We will only collect Information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with, or directly related to, the Service and the goods that you request from us.
We collect Information from you when you interact with us including, but not limited to, when you complete a survey, apply for membership of FBA or register to attend an FBA event.
The Information which FBA collects may include, without limitation, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, your work address, work telephone number, size of your business, your generation, sector of operation, industry, credit card details, direct debit details, payment details, IP address, details relating to your property or any other information necessary to provide the Services requested.
FBA will collect Information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. FBA may collect the Information directly from you, from third parties with whom you interact and authorise to provide us with such Information or alternatively through publicly available information.
When you access our website at www.familybusinessassociation.org via a browser or application, our servers may automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, GPS locations, session ID’s of your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. Our website may also leave ‘cookies’ on your computer for the purposes of remarketing our products or services to you. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time on your internet browser. However, doing so may limit your use of some of the website’s features.
3.How we use your information
If you opt in to receive marketing email communications from us, these will be sent to you directly by us. We will only send communications to people who have opted to receive them. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time.
We sometimes film or photograph FBA events so it is possible you will appear in these videos or photos. You agree to allow us to use your image in promotional and other FBA related material for the purpose of marketing FBA and FBA events.
We do not sell, rent or give away personal information to third parties for commercial purposes. If you register to attend an FBA event or course, your name and the name of your business may be published on an attendee register, which we may make available to presenters, partners and FBA course organisers for the purposes of tailoring content and disseminating to other registrants of that course or event for networking purposes.
4.Sharing your information
We will only disclose your Information, in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- To third parties at our sole and absolute discretion, including but not limited to the board, sponsors, committees and sub-committees of FBA, where necessary for us to provide our Services to you, or where you have expressly asked us to do so for the purposes of them or us providing further Services to you.
- Banks, payment processors or other payment service providers.
- To the State and Federal government including governmental agencies, bodies, committees and sub-committees.
- We may from time to time engage external service providers to help us deliver our Services to you. These external service providers may be located in Australia and/or overseas. In these instances, we may disclose your Information to these third parties in order to help deliver Services to you.
- To a third party data storage provider located in Melbourne, Australia as part of the storage of your Information.
- To comply with any law enforcement agency, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process in any jurisdiction that is investigating any breach or suspected breach of any law in any jurisdiction regarding your identity or other Information provided by you to us.
- Where disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect FBA’s rights or intellectual property or to protect the safety of FBA’s employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Where we consider disclosure is necessary for the protection and wellbeing of a person.
- Where we are otherwise permitted by law to disclose your Information.
5.How you may access your information
Copies of other Information which we hold may be reasonably requested by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by calling us in Australia on (03) 9867 5322. We may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any such request.
We may refuse, in our sole discretion, to provide you access to your Information which we hold, where such refusal is permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Principles or any other law or right.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the link on the emails we send you, or informing us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do it for you.
6.How we protect your information
We will act to protect your Information in accordance with the Privacy Principles. We are committed to keeping the Information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the Information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and security of your Information, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully intercepted while in transit over the internet or while stored on our systems or on our website. We disclaim all liability to you to the greatest extent pursuant to law should this occur.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the Information was disclosed, or required to be held pursuant to any other legal requirement.
7.Quality & Correction of Personal, Sensitive and Protected Information
It is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your Information to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and Services to you.
FBA will take reasonable steps to correct your Information if you inform us that your Information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions to your Information.
If you cease to use our Services, FBA may retain your personal, sensitive and protected information to comply with its record keeping obligations under law.
Your queries, requests and/or complaints will be dealt with as soon as possible by our privacy officer (but no later than 14 business days). Alternatively, any person may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted on
Tel: 1300 363 992 Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
or postal address at:
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
For more information about privacy issues in Australian and protecting your privacy, visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.