FBA Advisor Accreditation Program
The FBA Advisor Accreditation program will challenge the way you think regarding views on family business advising through the expertise of the facilitators and the sharing of experiences and learnings by peers.
Designed in partnership with the University of Adelaide our program enables you to demonstrate your increased knowledge and expertise through practical assessment tasks designed to further develop your skills in applying tools which will add value to you family business clients.
Advising Business Families - Part 1
It is essential to have a foundational understanding of family businesses to be an effective advisor to such firms. This course will help to hone your existing expertise by broadening your overall understanding of the nature, uniqueness and significance of family businesses as well as the distinctive issues faced when advising such organisations.
This course also provides the foundations for Advising Business Families-Part 2.
- Family Business: different and significant – what advisors need to know.
- Crossing generations: the evolution of family enterprise.
- Family Enterprise challenges and opportunities (part 1) – strategy and governance.
- Family Enterprise challenges and opportunities (part 2) – succession and entrepreneurial renewal.
- 4 x 30 min online lecture (pre-recorded viewable at any time)
- Reading resources for each topic
- 3 x 2-hour workshops applying course concepts to actual family business case scenarios (these times are scheduled)
- 4 Online discussion board questions.
Throughout the course you will be challenged to rethink your views on family business advising through the expertise of your facilitators and the sharing of experiences and learnings by your peers.
You will demonstrate your increased knowledge and expertise through practical assessment tasks designed to further develop your skills in applying tools which will add value to your practice.
Facilitator: Associate Professor Chris Graves
Chris Graves is a Chartered Accountant, Co-Founder and Co-Director of the University of Adelaide’s Family Business Education and Research Group [FBERG]. Chris completed his PhD at the University of Adelaide, which investigated the influence of the family system on family business strategy and performance. His PhD research received an honourable mention award from the Family Firm Institute (FFI), based in the USA. He is currently undertaking a Graduate Diploma in Family Therapy as part of his work with the family business sector. Together with FBA, Chris has been responsible for the design and development of the Advisor Accreditation Program.
Start date: 9 October, 2023
- Mon 9 October 2023 - Online Orientation, 12pm-1.30pm AEDT
- Tue 31 October 2023 - Online Workshop 1, 12pm-2pm AEDT
- Tue 21 November 2023 - Online Workshop 2, 12pm-2pm AEDT
Course Fee: $2,000 plus GST
- Payment plans can be organised
- Credit Cards or Invoice
Click here to view the terms and conditions.