Every family business needs to start planning for their future leadership. Whatever your planning horizon is to transitioning your business, now is the time to start having the conversation.
Succession is one of the greatest challenges associated with running a family business. Planning well maximises the chance of continuing the legacy you have built. If not, the results can have negative long lasting impacts on both the operations of the business and the dynamic of the family.
FBA’s Planning Succession for Family Business course will provide you with hands on tools necessary to begin establishing a succession plan. Supported by the use of a case study, you will learn the different options for both leadership and ownership transitions. This is an opportunity for current business leaders, future leaders and managers as well as any other parties involved in the transition process to get a head start.
- Addressing the two business exit models: sale or succession
- Feasibility, desirability and acceptability of family business succession
- The ground rules for the succession process
- The opportunities and issues presented by ownership succession
- Designing and implementing the leadership transition process and the obstacles to succession planning
- Nurturing and developing potential successors
- Understand the fundamental ground rules for leadership succession
- Determine the key challenges of succession and how to manage these successfully
- Identify the personal attributes and characteristics that can assist in identifying successors
Who should attend
- Current and future leaders and managers of the family business
- Non-family executives and other key stakeholders in the transition process
This online course is delivered across two weekly sessions, followed by a group coaching session. All sessions will be held via zoom.
Between sessions you will be provided with activities to help you work through the content and apply it back in your family business to help you gain the most from the course. You can then bring your questions and challenges to the next session to help resolve them.
|Session||What is involved||Details|
Two weeks after Course Session 2, you'll have the opportunity regroup and share experiences of your efforts to implement or enhance succession planning. Work through any questions or challenges with your facilitator and fellow participants to ensure successful implementation in your family business.
Daniel Trimarchi | KPMG Australia
Daniel has worked in the Business Families sector for over 14 years, working in Australia, the UK and Canada. In addition to his current role as a Director with KPMG Australia, he is the Global Managing Director for KPMG Private Enterprise’s Global Centre of Excellence for Family Business.
Daniel is an Accredited Advisor with Family Business Australia, specialising in providing governance consulting services to enterprising families, family offices and high net wealth individuals who are managing change and complexity within their family and business systems. Providing clear frameworks and structures, he seeks to understand their objectives and definitions of success allowing families to co-create an effective plan for the future governance of their business and wider enterprise, including decision making, investment and communication frameworks.
Early bird rates close on the 17 May, 2024.
Click here to view the terms and conditions.
Contact the FBA Office on 1800 249 357 or email@example.com if you require assistance with your registration.